- I will collect personal information by lawful means and with the consent of the individual concerned.
- At the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will only use personal information for the purposes I identify.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to customers information about policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- I will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
I currently collect information about individuals in the following circumstances
- Where an individual consents to receive information about my books, I collect a first name and an email address for the purposes of communicating with the individual. The individual may unsubscribe at any time.
- Where an individual registers as a reviewer of my books, I collect their first name, email address and review page url. The individual may unsubscribe from the reviewer register at any time.
- Where an individual communicates directly with an inquiry, we may collect and process information provided as part of the inquiry.
I use third-party processors to manage my email communication and to enable readers to download free stories and excerpts. I am satisfied that the processors I use are compliant with the relevant legal requirements.
I am committed to operating in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that your information remains confidential. This policy may change from time to time at my sole discretion.
At MailerLite, protecting your privacy and the privacy of anyone receiving your email is very important. These policies are for the purpose of making MailerLite safe and appropriate for all.
Policy on permission
MailerLite is permission-based. That means you need permission to send to the people who receive your emails. To send an email to someone using MailerLite, that recipient must be either someone who is a customer, member or subscriber of your business or organization or who has specifically asked to receive your emails by opting in or signing up in some way, or someone who has bought a product or service from you in the past 18 months.
Safety of your personal information
MailerLite collects certain information about you in order to allow your account to function properly. At any time, you may log in and change this information, or remove it. Under no circumstances will we share your personal information with any third party.
Protecting your customer lists and data
Our data storage center has information storage security certificate (ISO 27001) as well as a certificate of IT service management (ISO 20000) so you can rest assured that your subscribers’ data is safe with us.
Emails from MailerLite
From time to time you may receive from us emails related to your account or your use of MailerLite. Every email will contain a link for you to be able to opt-out of receiving it.
We will not sell or rent your email address.
Ensuring secure billing transactions
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Contacting MailerLite about Privacy
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the information we have collected from you online, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us:
PER GDPR, Mailerlite issued the following statement for its users to include in their privacy policies:
We use MailerLite to manage our email marketing subscriber list and to send emails to our subscribers. MailerLite is a third-party provider, which may process your data using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each newsletter.
If you have any questions for Michael Beaulieu, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.